Re-posting our first 30 minute Livestream recording with Casey!
A rainy day in Hilo, Hawaiian bubbles and teaching a bit of Taoism. Approaching the Times with Strength. Inspiration for Living with Hope and Strength in the Modern World.
Standing Up Rather than Standing Down
It is easy to focus on the doom, gloom, and problems and in doing so, you miss the opportunities. So many fantastic opportunities exist to improve life around us.
- I think the biggest trap in today’s times is doing nothing. In comfort, people find it easier to wait rather than act.
- The next trap is to push change outside of us. Try not to wait for others to improve the world.
- The final trap is to over push change. I don’t expect this teaching to change others. Instead, I am writing this to help clarify options and actions.
People seek big answers, and then do nothing because the answer is too big with no easy path. Instead three simple styles of action refine your life and enable you to grow to a better place in life.
The three levels of action are: personal, interpersonal and community.
- At a personal level, I regularly refine how I live to be more straightforward and efficient.
- At an interpersonal level, I work as a Taoist teacher. I strive to help others improve how they live with kindness, awareness and taking control of their life stories. Helping people be stronger, helps to improve our world. So when you feel powerless to make changes, instead ask yourself, how can I help others also?
- The third aspect we need to consider is building community. Work at being proactive in creating and supporting your communities. In being alone, you are disconnected from society. Creating new and stronger communities is part of healing our world and improving society.
This is a patron only video file. Become a $25.00 a month Personal Tao patron to access and watch this video.